Day Time Dog Sledding Experience
This introductory adventure consist of a brief meet and greet with our rescue and second chance sled dogs followed by a short dog sled ride through open fields and rolling hills. This experience last approximately 20 minutes and is perfect for those looking to fit in several winter activities into one day.
This tour is available most Thursdays - Sundays from mid-December to mid-March (weather permitting) and departs every half hour from 10:00am-11:30am and 12:30pm-4:00pm.
The cost of this trip is $105 per sled for resort guests and $125 per sled for public guests. Pricing is based on two people per sled or a maximum guest weight of 340lbs. Guests can add an additional participant for $40.00 so long as the 340lbs weight limit is not exceeded.
Evening Dog Sledding Experiences
Our hour long evening dog sledding adventure starts with a brief meet and greet with the sled dogs. Once guests are in the sled, we then embark on a beautiful ride that will take you through gorgeous scenery along the Ammonoosuc River at the base of Mount Washington. Terrain includes gradual inclines and declines, a couple of sharp turns and the famous tree (you'll understand if you choose this adventure).
This tour is available most Thursdays - Saturdays from mid-December to mid-March (weather permitting) and departs every hour from 5:00pm - 7:00pm.
The cost of this trip is $190 per sled for resort guests and $210 per sled for public guests. Pricing is based on two people per sled or a maximum guest weight of 340lbs. Guests can add an additional participant for $40.00 so long as the 340lbs weight limit is not exceeded.
Reservations are required and may be made by calling the Activities Concierge at 603-278-8989. Season start and end dates are dependent upon the weather, please call for the latest details. If we are not available onsite at the resort on any given day call us at our kennel at 603-545-4533, we offer tours daily throughout the year utilizing the different sleds based on trail conditions and are sure to be able to offer you an adventure!
- Safety of the dogs is our first priority, we strictly enforce the weight limit of 340 pounds per sled as well as a 3 person maximum per sled. This weight limit has taken into account the weight of the musher and gear.
- Driving the sled is at the discretion of the musher, for your safety and for that of the dogs.
- Minimum age for dog sled experiences is 3 years old
- Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent on the tour.
- Guests who are pregnant or have experienced a recent injury or surgery may not participate in this activity.
- Winter attire is absolutely necessary.
- Ride times vary wildly due to changing trail conditions and working with animals.
- There is a two hour cancellation policy. Please arrive at the Activities Concierge located in the Great Hall of the Mount Washington Hotel 30 minutes prior to your scheduled departure time. Please arrive at the dog sledding staging area 5 minutes prior to your departure time. Guests more than 10 minutes late forfeit their spot and will be charged for the ride.